Rep
Drives: BMW X5 G05

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifr View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xmel` View Post
I've coded DSC_VIP/3D14.
aSLA worked without coding that ECU.
But I was afraid that some braking options will not work.
Finally I have got it.

Do you think it is possible to downgrade firmware of some ECU's to make eTJA work in most of regions? As I have read it was possible on some older firmware.

I also agree that hands free drive is not really safe all the time. The system is not really stable. And in difficult situations it just turns off immediately.

But is it possible to activate full functionality of aSLA with out seatbelt fastened? What are the parameters for that?
eTJA has never worked in all regions on the G05, if anything more regions have been added with later i-step e.g. Japan. If you are talking about downgrading ECU's (!) to a firmware prior to that supported on the G05 then that's a hard no.

I didn't know there was an issue with aSLA and seat belts? I always where my seat belt when driving so wouldn't notice, nor would I look into coding around it.

There must be a method that BMW is using to add extra regions to eTJA as and when a region gets regulatory approval for the hands off function. I just haven't been able to find it and testing is really hard.
So there's no problem with testing it. I can do it easily. If you could help with parameters? I mean the mask of the region or dome others.

Sorry for the off top but may be you know parameters to code X off road functionality (xsand, xsnow, xrock and so on)?
I have an Msport differential on my m50d and it should be enough for that function. The only thing I don't have is that trigger on central console near that level trigger.
I have also coded that parameters in hu_mgu but they do not show in idrive setting.
Is it possible to manage it with some VO coding?
Appreciate 0