Paladin1
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 iX xDrive50, DGM

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by thereef510 View Post
I'd like to think I'm a discerning music listener. I converted all of my music to ALAC (apple flac) onto my iphone. I don't have any of the streaming music services because I still only really listen to all the music I grew up with and I have all of it on my phone. In any case, so all of my library is as high quality as it can be.

In our F15, we have the Harmon Kardon system, and its perfectly fine. It doesn't distort unless you get to ear splitting levels. The bass could be a bit more but its still perfectly fine at reasonable listening levels. We want to get a g05 but there's no real way for me to audition the B&W system, none of the X5s they stock at the dealership has that option, nor would they appreciate it if I sat there trying to listen to my music for a long enough time or at a loud volume to justify its price point. My question is, how good is the B&W system? is it really worth the price?
Had the HK system in my F15. It's a good audio system, and a good enough in-car audio system with nearly every source. Nearly. For streaming audio, it's more than enough, and if that's all you use I wouldn't upgrade. That said, with acoustic glass and a recorded source on USB or HD, the B&W is the best stock in-car system I've heard. Better than the B&O system I had in one car, and audibly better than the HK - with the appropriate source. Whether it's worth the several-thousand-dollar premium is of course up to the listener, but the combination of the super-quiet cabin and the B&W sound system actually makes listening to quality recorded music feasible in a car now.
Appreciate 0