02-23-2020, 09:23 AM   #26
thereef510
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 X5 35i, '20 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resjudicata View Post
Our local dealerships do car wash as well, but they aren't brushless. They are old fashioned auto car washes that look like they need repairs.

Trust me, save your time and paint. Unless yours does it by hand, and/or you want scratches and swirls; don't let a dealership wash your nice cars.

Find a mobile detailing service that is well regarded in your area (I know 2 in my local and I have both on my speed dial.). Call them and they will come to your house or work and clean your cars properly.
like I said, I don't really care about the exterior. I have never cared (sorry!), because I feel its sorta silly to meticulously clean a car and then take it right back out into the elements for it to get dirty again. The interior is where I spend all of my time and I want that to be spotless, and I can control that and easily do it and it stays that way.

I've never been big on exterior appearance, so as long as there are no dirty water spots and stuff, I'm happy. I still don't really know what swirl marks are and that's okay. I'm not about to go overboard spending thousands more on paint protection and all that for a lease but thank you for the advice, although I think they hand wash it, I drove to the back area and I didn't see a car wash brush type set up, and whenever you drop off your car, it takes them a good 45 minutes to get it back to you (even if you're the first one there).
Appreciate 1