View Single Post
      09-08-2020, 09:07 AM   #5
Tenac
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: All

Quote:
Originally Posted by allen3ybq View Post
Hey guys, test drove the X5M non-comp (the only one at the dealer that's available for test drive) today but I feel the ride is too soft coming from my X3M Comp and I did set the chassis to sport plus. Not sure how much of a difference would an X5M Comp would make?
Any info would be really appreciated.
Thank you!
I recently purchased the 21 X5M Comp and can fully agree with you on your comparison but not that its too soft for me.... This is exactly what the wife and I thought this weekend.

Sat morning we took her X3 M40i out for a spirited ride to get coffee and pick up a few things. Then later in the afternoon headed to a family members for a cook out in the X5M Comp. First freaking thing she said to me is oh wow this is much more comfortable than my X3... At the same time I was just thinking that it handles bumps much better.

Here is why; the weight and probably a bit of tuning for the weight. Too me it actually reaffirmed the X5M's ability to be more of a all around daily driver. Keep in mind I have yet to use the sport plus suspension (still in break in on the X5M)

I know the M40i is not the same as the M but it was still more harsh in this example, same roads to in from home.
2015 M235 Manual
On the list for the M2 CS
Appreciate 0