View Single Post
      11-19-2021, 06:34 PM   #45
3Wagon
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 325iT

You know, upon thinking about it, it’s entirely possible we’d be able to pass off the retrofit for the warranty. If you do get one of these, we’re talking maybe a few thousand units total. I guarantee, that every single time a service tech gets in the car, they think the touchscreen is broken.

In the event that your tech actually pulls the codes and notices the discrepancy? I can’t imagine that would happen, but even then, it seems likely they’ll think it’s some weird error for this weird shit that happened at the factory back in 2021 for 2 weeks, and maybe this did come with a touchscreen.

There was already a case of one car saying it had the delete, but it did have a touchscreen. How would they even know that it was modded?

Yes, there is risk in the coding bit, and assuming OTA updates go on normally, the risk of warranty voiding IS present, but it would have to be discovered and reported to BMW NA and I think this is a confusing enough issue no one is going to pursue it. I think it would be different if like all the rest of the ‘22 MY had this issue, but it’s literally 2 weeks of cars.
Appreciate 2
GrussGott18195.50