12-09-2013, 08:47 AM   #18
Billup
Banned
Burkina Faso
Rep
Drives: Your mum crazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Templar View Post
Problem? The OP doesn't use the computer for anything intense, so most of the stuff in that iMac is a complete waste of money.

The PC I built (over a year ago) slams that ~$2000 iMac into the ground. It was the first one I ever built. I watched a couple of videos online and figured it out. I plugged it in and it started up with no issues. If I can do it, then I'd say most people can. It's not hard.

Almost $2000 and it doesn't even have a SSD? What a joke...

Even if he was building a PC with those specs, I would tell him he's wasting money. You don't need 16GB of RAM for web surfing and Nickelodeon games.
I agree with this ten fold. I get people who get Macs for school work, because they are very versatile for stuff like that, but a basic home computer for almost $2k? Absolutely pointless. It offers nothing more then you will basically get out off a Dell. However, Mac people are Mac people and are usually set in stone that its the most superior computer in the world.

They are using it for basic things, so buy a basic computer. Why spend the extra money for no added gains?
Appreciate 0