Thread: Genesis GV80
View Single Post
      09-01-2020, 10:13 AM   #103
thereef510
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 X5 35i, '20 X5 40i

If they are going after the germans, then its a phenomenally foolhardy strategy. From what I've read, the german brands have geared their products towards leasing and structured incentives in that way. Kia has not: they want you to buy. So it ends up being about the same to lease a GV80 (due to lack of incentives) vs a mid tier X5. So why on earth would any prospective buyer buy into the brand?

Also brand name matters. Or else Rolls Royce and other such brands would be long extinct. There's no real difference between a walmart shirt and one from Nordstrom. They perform the same function except one is way more expensive and lets people know that you bought it because you can because you can afford it. You could even argue that maybe the Koreans will start offering some fantastic new technology feature that you can't get in another brand, but I don't think that's true anymore since you can get all of this stuff across many brands for the most part. So then what do you have? A knock off amalgam of multiple brands at a cheaper price. why would that cause any of us to switch over?
Appreciate 0