Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5

Garage List
2022 BMW M440i  [0.00]
2021 BMW X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowX6M View Post
Bavsound speakers and subs are utter garbage, they are going to be a downgrade from your HK. Get OEM B&W subs and speakers if you want an actual upgrade.
I disagree with your strong opinion but understand that audio quality is very much a subjective thing. I found the HK system “ muddy” and lacking “clarity and punch”

I had the Bavsound speakers installed and am very pleased with the results. To my ears there is distinctly more “separation” and “mid range punch”.

I have ordered the Bavsound subs with the understanding that the installer will attempt to remove the HK subs with reasonable heat and force application but if he feels that he can’t remove them without damaging the housing he will abandon the job and return the Bavsound subs. There’s still some limited but acceptable risk in my opinion.

It’s not the first time that I have disagreed with someone else’s opinion on car audio. I guess this illustrates that we all hear audio differently but in my opinion the Bavsound speakers are certainly not “garbage” and are a worthwhile upgrade.
Appreciate 0