View Single Post
      12-15-2020, 11:19 AM   #427
The Chaddening
Major General
Rep
Drives: Bicycle - reducing carbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP10 View Post
Haha, yeah that lawsuit was hilarious. It is a damn good blend, best I've seen honestly. I just can't justify the price tag on it. I use to just buy the raw ingratiates and make my own - 100mg of caffeine, 6-8g of malate, and 2-4gs of beta-alanine (plus creatine if I was on it or not). This was my go-to because every brand throws in 200-400mgs of caffeine and I don't need/want all that. This was a really inexpensive way if you don't mind mixing the ingredients. Then you can customize it with the other ingredients as you would like to. Gives you the opportunity to fine tune the blend to how you want it. Also allows you to see/feel how different ingredients affect you both physically and mentally.
Yup, it isn't cheap for sure. I did the same thing and made my own for a while. My wife wasn't a fan of having a pantry that looked like a meth lab and I got tired of constantly mixing 15 ingredients so I just started buying it pre-made again (plus a couple fun memories of when I accidentally doubled the beta alanine ).

100% with you on the caffeine. 200mg is ideal for me. I have tried a couple pre-workouts with 400mg of caffeine and it was just absurd. I saw Layne Norton was making pre-workouts for a bit and he offered a caffeine free option which is a great idea.
Appreciate 0