02-03-2020, 08:47 AM   #7
dream54ing
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 428xi F32- X5 X5 G05 -640i F06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty in Bgm View Post
Short people cannot raise their legs a little and swing them out over the bolsters.
Quote:
Originally Posted by upsidedownfunnel View Post
Those leather conditioners that leave a slightly slipper and shiny finish go a long way in protecting your leather. Merino doesn't have the thick plastic coat that cheaper leathers have so you have to really take care of it. The trade-off is that it breaks in like a baseball glove and gets to be much more comfortable. Coated leathers like Vernasca are just excuses to call the finish leather and charge more. Functionally it's the same as sitting on vinyl seats (non porous and actually slightly less durable). Merino will actually break in like real leather and breathe a little bit. You do have to regularly clean and condition the leather though. And conditioners will actually absorb into the leather unlike coated leathers.

So you should be using conditioners on the leather but you should also be a bit more careful in how you enter/exit your car. Raise your legs a little and swing them out over the bolsters. If you just get used to a particular method of egress, it will become like second nature. If you're really large, there's not much you can do; the leather will be wrecked after a couple years.

Exactly my wife, she's 5'2" and I'm 6'. I have no problem, but it extremely odd and inconvenience on the method of getting out of $90K vehicle Wife, she slides out, even with the air sus, so it takes a beating. rather than avoid method of exit/enter, I was hoping to get something to protect it.

As mentioned, we do condition our leather, but still taking a beating, so hence I'm hoping to find a protector of some sort
Appreciate 0