12-12-2020, 09:17 PM   #46
midwestbmwguy
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW X6M- 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlou View Post
From my experience, no way you'll get reimbursed for the purchase price of the car. What you should be able to settle for is the cost to replace your vehicle with a similar year/model with similar options/mileage/condition. The insurance company will go through a process to evaluate your car, and then attempt to find "comparables" from your market area in order to determine the 'fair market value'.

From that point, you should have the opportunity to rebut their offer to try & get more. Again, from my previous experience I found 2 ways to get more from the claim:

1) make sure they have evaluated your vehicle correctly. They will enter the VIN into a system to determine the options, etc. But in my experience they missed some key options that helped to increase the value.

2) look for "comparables" on your own from your market area to see if you can find any higher listed comps than what the insurance found.

Good luck!
Yep their comparable missed over $10,000 worth of options. It's amazing the crap that this particular insurance company is trying to pull.
They were trying to compare a vehicle with a $65,000 list to a vehicle with a $75,500 list.
Appreciate 0