martinf79
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2020 G05 X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by whodatman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by martinf79 View Post
Hi All - Posted this in another thread, but suspect this thread has more folliwing:

So I finally took my X5 in for its first scheduled service appointment. While taking it in, I also let the service advisor know of the error I continue to receive when ever I try to engage the full autonomous driving mode while in stop and go traffic on the highway (via Assisted Driving Plus). I showed him the error message (below). Net-Net, he said that the car had to be recoded, because the module that controls the Drivers Attention Camera Module was changed/altered. Essentially, something I had coded via the Bimmercode app caused this feature to disable. I suspect any coding tied to the drivers attention camera caused the coding error. The only things I coded that could be tied to this would be:

1 - Removing the legal disclaimers (cameras, startup, etc) OR
2 - Video In Motion

Only other things I've coded were M logo on start-up, rear hatch, mirrors, no honk when car locked while running, etc ... none of which should have anything to do with the drivers attention camera.

Just checking in to see if anyone knows definitively what coding option would have cause the Drivers Attention Camera module to change + to warn others that this could happen if you have Assisted Driving Plus. I want to re-code all of the other features, so hoping someone can shed light on this.

Appreciate it.
Got the same message but i haven't ever coded this x6 ever. was driving in the rain. I thought that was the culprit. did you ever fix it
Yes... I got it fixed. Had to get my car reprogrammed at the dealer during service. I tested it under the appropriate conditions, and it is now working as it should. This is not linked to external cameras (as someone else mentioned car washes, etc), this is linked to the internal eye camera in the dash (which would never be affected by external conditions). Dealer said the module for the camera was changed (which I can only link to the BimmerCode App). Not sure if I want to attempt to code changes again (or at least not touch any modules that could change the safety conditions ... legal disclaimers or video in motion.