View Single Post
      02-02-2021, 07:32 PM   #24
sarabear
Rep
Drives: BMW 328xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by codex57 View Post
The X3 is pretty and surprisingly roomy, but I find it a far inferior car. I typically keep my cars so that depreciation is not an issue. I sold my 2018 X3 after just 2 years cuz I couldn't stand it anymore.

Initially, I loved the car. However, after living with it, stuff I thought was just meh turned out to make me get really annoyed. Like the seats. They were just too hard and uncomfortable. I liked the seating position mostly, but the seats were just too uncomfortable. My kids didn't like it either. Since this was supposed to be our family and road trip car, that's a problem.

iDrive 6 also has a handful of annoyances with how you use it that are just a bit better in iDrive 7 (what's in the X5). That, plus the stupid design of the radio buttons on the steering wheel drove me nuts. Inputting navigation and just using it in general was awful. The media wasn't an easy to use format either.

Apple CarPlay, because it's wireless, was buggy and disconnected often enough to not make it enjoyable.

Just get the X5. You'll be much happier. It's not perfect either. The lack of a reclining rear seat (which the X3 has) in the 2 row models is just bizarre. But overall, it's just been much easier to live with.
Thank you, you're completely right. I'm glad I ordered the X5, it's finished being built now and awaiting delivery.
Appreciate 0