View Single Post
      07-23-2012, 10:55 AM   #10
lonewolf
Old Timer
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 328i XDrive

I actually went with the Continental EXTREME CONTACT DWS TIRE 235/45ZR17 and what a difference from the RFT.
As soon as I drove the car 500 feet from my mechanic you can tell the difference. The RFT amplified every crack in the pavement, never mind actual pot holes. Im sure that the actual car frame felt the same.

The new DWS's run like butter. I have them inflated to 40PSI all around cause I want a more tighter feel on the turns. Even at this PSI the car doesnt give you those teeth chattering chills up your spine everytime you ran something over (I live in the city).

I had the car way above the speed limit (will not self incriminate) on the NY Long Island Expressway and they hugged the pavement very impressivly. The car held tight to the ground on the expressway exits which are normally 180 degree turns. I also had the fortune of rain and if you folks know about the Long Island Expressway during a storm, driving the left most lane will put you through upwards of 3-5 inches of water. The car hugged the pavement will very little hydro-planing.

I'm sold. This is a great all season tire.
Appreciate 0