View Single Post
      11-15-2020, 12:57 PM   #34
Atoll
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 G05 40d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil284 View Post
It's good,very strong. Haven't flogged it yet as still running in.

As per other thread, there's no stop/start button which is a bit annoying. At some roundabouts and junctions it cuts out needlessly. But it's quick and smooth to start up again.

What I didn't see coming was the EV style braking when you lift off the accelerator. Takes a bit of time to adjust to. In some ways quite helpful but other times you just want to coast and it's slowing you down too much. When it does go into coast mode by itself it's pretty good but again, sometimes you don't want it/it's inappropriate. I just wish I had some more control over it!
My 40D M Sport arrives this friday and will be ready by the end of November.

I couldn't find the other thread, where you mention no stop/start button. Could you help me find it? Is there a way to adjust the settings of stop/start within the menu system?

Braking - interesting - that isn't mentioned in the marketing. Are there no controls over braking or coasting?

This will be my fourth X5 and I have never run one in, just waited till it is warm and then used it. Are their instructions for running it in or are you being cautious?

Last edited by Atoll; 11-15-2020 at 01:06 PM..
Appreciate 0