View Single Post
      10-25-2022, 12:36 AM   #1
SocietyDisillusioned
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2022 X5 m50i

Added Custom 8SL pigtail for OEM harness and stealth hitch X5 m50i

First I'd like to thank weinerbarn from another forum for helping me solve my wiring issue. I'll make a video once I have everything coded by Codemybimmer.ca to help others if interested. I ended up purchasing a stealth hitch tow package minus their wiring harness and went with the OEM harness and module. Steve from stealth hitches originally said if I help solve this they would send a case to hold my supplied hitches, but after giving some information regarding wiring( I sent an incomplete list I believe so likely not much help at all) I haven't heard anything back from them so if they reach out to anyone for help don't count on receiving anything promised. My X5 M50i did not come with the 8SL option so I followed another member with what they did to install an OEM harness and I also made my own pigtail. I have only Verified with a multimeter so far so coding is the ultimate test which will hopefully be done this week or the following. Here is the wiring setup for those interested. I'll try to answer in a timely manner, but my time is stretched thin at the moment so bear with me.

Pin 1 Brake Pin 5 Power Fuse 213
Pin 2 Blinker Pin 6 Brake controller
Pin 3 Power fuse 266 Pin 7 kCAN Lo
Pin 4 Power fuse 267 Pin 8 kCAN Hi

Those are the wires that need to be wired to make a pigtail from factory, the fuse locations to the back of the fuse panel you could probably use a different switched power source if you choose. I'm not an electrician so I'm not sure what is best to be honest as this is a mixture from Looking at diagrams and reading forums.

1. Brake wire was run to the 3rd brake light
2. Blinker was run to the green/blue to passenger tail light. (Still need to see if that source works once the AHM module is coded.)
3. Power wire run to back of fuse panel 266
4. Same as 3 to fuse 267
5. Same as 3&4 to fuse 213
6. Same as 3/4/5 to fuse 274 (brake controller straight to pollack connector)
7. To HKFM kCAN2 Lo
8. To HKFM kCAN2 Hi

3rd brake location:
The module wires circled in yellow connect the brake to the black wire.

Here is the route I ran for the brake wire to the 3rd brake. Again I'll make a video to better explain.

Here's where I connected the KCAN(Will be verified if these wires work once coded)

The beginning of my pigtail build: let me know if anyone is interested in building these to sell. Won't be cheap as materials alone are quite expensive plus my time, it took quite a while to build it and would rather have bought one myself if available.

The picture with yellow lines is my harness as well so you can see how well it blends in with the main harness.

The completed setup pictures should be here as well. The app keeps crashing so not sure what will load.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
Chk_ris31.50