View Single Post
      04-01-2023, 08:04 AM   #21
WestfordChris
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by SocietyDisillusioned View Post
I want to say the factory wires for the main harness were 20-22ga, and the power I might have used 12-14ga. I just stayed within parameters of the what amperage was being used for the power and fuse block to not cause fires. As far as color I just used Red, Blue, Black, CAN wires were yellow, and baby blue I believe. I just labeled each end of the wires and double verified with a meter to ensure connections were correct. I didn’t use factory color wires if that’s what you’re asking. I couldn’t find any so I didn’t bother since BMW will know anyways once they hook up the computer.
Great thanks, I have an electrical engineering degree so I am pedantic about things like wire colors.

Why do you need to go up all the way to the brake light to pick up that signal? Does that black wire come down the driver's side? It seems like you are on the "inside" of the module up there, not on the actual light driver side. Did you look into that at all?

Finally, this is my first BWM in 21 years, my last was a 2001 M3, bought at Braman BMW if you are in South Florida. Where do you get the wiring diagrams?

Thanks,
Chris
Appreciate 0