Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyx6go View Post
When you floor it and spot a cop car - DOWNSHIFT This way they don't see your nose dive.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty Dog View Post
Your brake lights don't come on but your car still nose dives.....the cop has likely already seen you anyway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyx6go View Post
But nowhere near as bad as a hard brake.

Waiting on the women driver digs from my buddy Joekerr
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
Yes, a downshift that uses engine braking to suddenly slow the car without brake lights to alert the driver behind the woman...while the individual behind the woman is distracted looking at the cop and doesn't notice a sudden slow down of the vehicle ahead....this sounds like a good plan....

Not that it isn't still the individuals fault if he rear ends her...but I like how you've come up with an inventive way of how women can make driving more challenging. Kudos!

Truth be told, I can pretty much twist anything to be a little jab, just to play in your mind a little more, for it is a wonderful place to play.

But I actually agree with you here...a downshift can be useful if driving stick, but it really doesn't scrub off a whole lot of speed, so only useful if you are slightly in excess of the grace zone.

If you are really speeding, throw out the anchor and hope that the cop wasn't doing radar and doesn't have a reading. Or assumes you are really quite sorry and will be a model citizen from now on and doesn't invite you to a little roadside conversation about bad habits acquired and the consequences of such.
My young Padawans, don't you have Anti-Dive/Anti-Squat suspension geometry? Indeed you BMW owners do. The dynamic mass transfer is absorbed and the energy used to keep the vehicle level. You may be heading to the dashboard until you automatic tensioners do their job but your nose is not heading towards the ground. Disclaimer: If your maintenance is up to nick and you keep your ride to BMW specs.

Failing that, kill the ICE and switch to electric to go by in stealth mode. #i8Life
Sir 7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 100 Wins. 101 Pole Positions. 54 Fastest Laps. Actual Rain Master. Leave me to it, Bono. One Race Win in each of his 15 years in F1. Most Laps Led in Formula One. The Centurion.
Appreciate 0