View Single Post
      01-27-2020, 03:13 PM   #1011
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DETRoadster View Post
So by "too expensive" what you really mean is the cost outweighs the value you place on your pet's life. You can afford it. We all could afford it. This isn't a Kia forum. I wont tell you how to live your life, but I feel bad for your dog and hope he's not in pain. If the dog is a senior dog whose end of life then I can somewhat understand, but if it's a young dog with a full life ahead I think it's just cruel to not try. Just my opinion. I'll butt out now.
No that's fair, and more or less you are correct. I'm not offended either, to each their own. He's 7, life expectancy is somewhere between 10-14 years. Not a young dog, but not terribly old either, sort of in the middle.

He's holding the leg up initially when he gets up from rest, but eventually puts it down after walking around for a few minutes, though I don't know how much weight he places on it obviously.

I think if I could prevent him from pulling and doing sprints, the tear could scar down enough to provide the support he needs, but that is more difficult than it sounds, he pulls when I take him for walks even if I shorten down the lead to my side just because he's excited initially, then he walks fine after a few minutes of pulling, but that is enough to inflame it again. Hard to fault him for being excited.

Anyways, we'll see - not going to imminently put him down, just hope he doesn't injure the other leg. Maybe with weight loss and that he'll heal up! Certainly hope so, it would bother me to put him down, but not $7K worth for a procedure that isn't guaranteed to fix things...just seems like a money grab to me.
Appreciate 1
DETRoadster11462.50