View Single Post
      01-05-2019, 10:43 AM   #2
MystroX5
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2020 X7 M50i/ 911

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmbmd View Post
I have now owned my G05 X5 for 6 weeks. I traded from a 2016 F15. Car drives great. Car looks great. There have been several issues which I will detail in different posts.

At times, I get a warning that there is no key when I try to start the engine. After a few seconds, the car recognizes the key and the engine starts. It does not matter if the key is buried deep in my pocket or in my had in plain view. I changed the battery and it functions at great distances to lock/unlock the doors or perform a remote start. (remote start from connected drive app has not been functioning for two days but that issue is covered in two different posts).
My Summit would do this exact thing. I would get a message of “key not in vehicle” then it would see it. It’s a internal sensor in the vehicle that gets the signal and activates the key. It didn’t happen enough for me on my old Summit for me to investigate it anymore. I think a lot of the keyless systems do this from time to time. I always thought it was interference from my phone or something. I just programmed my “key card” and it has worked flawlessly the dozen or so times I have tested it. I may not use the fob anymore. It also works through my wallet without ever getting the card out.
Appreciate 1
TechCTU782.00