View Single Post
      07-09-2015, 11:44 AM   #1
wrickem
Big Beaver Smile
Rep
Drives: What he wants to

Angry Volvo lady turns me into Satan every time (Updated after five years!)

I drive the same route to the train every day. It's 2 lanes for 1 mile, then 1 lane for 16 miles , then 2 lanes for 4 miles, then reverse coming home. There really isn't an alternate route that's not a million miles out of the way.

Usually I am the most mellow driver out there, people don't bother me and I am not usually in a hurry, but just seeing this one "Volvo lady" or her car's lights in the distance absolutely turns me into Satan. Unfortunately she takes the same 2 trains as I do and must live in my area. I've alternated my time by +/- a few minutes to avoid her, but I am stuck behind her at least 3 days a week.

Where it's two lanes she will drive recklessly to cut everybody off so she can be in front of the line. But then she slows down to 5-10 MPH UNDER the 45 MPH speed limit. She has a daily "parade" backed up at least 20 cars long but it's crystal clear in front of her.

The 1 lane 16 mile stretch is a no-passing zone, but I've passed her anyway (she accelerated but I figured she would and was ready). I figure it's 4 points for passing but it's also 4 points for tailgating, so I take my chance when I can do it relative safely. I know it's stupid, but I'm telling you, she gets me so when I am stuck behind her! I don't take her personally because there's no way she knows every car I drive, and she always drives the same way.

I'm torn between:
a). trying to get over my anger towards her and just ignore her and find my Zen (I've been trying for 6 years, no kidding)
b). cutting her off into a ditch laugh and giving her the finger
c). confronting her at the train station with something like "I'm sure you're a nice person, but you drive like a dick" and see how that goes.

Any suggestions for me if you've made it this far?
Dang3r12503.00