Rep
Drives: 2007 Honda S2000, 2017 GT350

Garage List
2011 E92 M3  [9.35]
2014 BMW i3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nkc View Post
Any updates on your setup radiantm3 ?

Its fall now and i'm craving some track action. I'm thinking of putting in $1500-2000 into a racing sim rig. What's the ideal combo now (excluding PC/VR).
I haven't made any changes to my setup. I'm waiting for new direct drive wheels from Fanatec. I did decide I don't want to bother with a motion setup at this time.

As far as what to get, it's tough because there are so many options out there for different budgets. The most important part for me is having a good wheel and pedals in a sturdy cockpit that has a proper driving position. My only experience is with Fanatec wheels at this point (I went from cheap logitech wheels to various fanatec wheels). The club sport wheel and pedals are very good. I know people who buy thrustmaster wheels and love them, but seems like even those guys buy the fanatec club sport pedals.

There are dozens of cockpits out there and I haven't done research on them in awhile so best to just check online reviews about seating position and sturdiness.

Then you just need a decently spec'd PC especially if you just plan to run on a single screen. I always recommend a 120hz/144hz gaming monitor as they let you run sims really smoothly which helps a lot. TV's tend to have screen tearing or latency, both which really affect your ability to drive well. But its the cheapest route for a large display so just make sure you use a tv that has a "game mode" which turns off all the tv effects that create latency in the video output. With just a slight latency, you won't be able to catch a slide and not be able to figure out why. You'll just feel like you suck at driving sims.

My pet project: https://stickershift.com
Appreciate 1
Nkc1600.50