TurboSid
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2022 M4Cx BSM/FR

Garage List
2008 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nkc View Post
A lot of great info here. Thanks everyone.

Decided to go with the following:
Fanatec CS Shifter SQ
Fanatec CS Pedals V3
Fanatec CSL Elite Wheel (PS4) available Nov 8
Simetik K2 Cockpit (no seat) + shifter bracket

Seems like the Simetik K2 is a solid rig at a very reasonable price. I was looking at the RSeat N1 (no seat) but I read reviews that it was starting to break apart somewhere. Price is close to double as well. I've got a great full carbon Ferrari bucket off a Ferrari challenge race car that will go great with the setup. Problem is, I think I might go with a motion setup in the future and I'm not sure if the Simetik K2 can fit something like a Next Level Racing motion platform V3 that I know the Rseat N1 has a way around it.

I've been contemplating the CSL Elite wheel (PS4) or getting the CS wheel base V2.5 and adding on a BMW wheel but that seems like a huge price difference. Being that this is my first rig and first attempt into a dedicated sim racing setup, I think I should take it easy and not go balls out yet. I just want to get the full experience with VR and full rig. If I love it, I'll wait for the direct drive from Fanatec.

Any suggestions guys?
I'm taking baby steps. I got a G29 brand new for $200 ($350 normally) and my rig used for $400. I've been playing almost daily for the past 5-6 months and enjoying it a lot with just a wheel stand from amazon ($200).

Moving to a new and bigger place nov/dec and then I will setup my full rig. After that i'll see what my next move is. What I paid for my setup so far is basically what I can sell it for. I need a powerful pc for work so I don't consider that in the sim purchase for me. (Currently I7-7700k, GTX 1080)

2022 BSM/FR M4 Competition X-Drive
2017 MW/SO M4 ZCP [SOLD] • 2015 MW/SO M4 M-DCT FBO [SOLD] • 2011 AW/CR 335is DCT FBO [SOLD] • 2008 AW/CR 335i 6MT FBO [SOLD]
Appreciate 1
Nkc1600.50