10-25-2017, 06:39 PM   #64
Dylan86
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: F15d msport, F22 m235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by cxp213 View Post
^ I've yet to experience anything like that. I tend to get bored of games really quickly so I just don't know if I want to invest in something that I know I won't play for too long. I wish I can try out some of these things in person before diving head first myself. Unfortunately, I don't know anybody who's into sim racing with a legit set up local to me.
Yea I was in the same boat, fell into it via youtube vids and a lot of research in the insidesimracing.com forums. I also get sick of games, but this is a serious platform, with serious members, no online gamer BS. It's also very realistic, and will absolutely make you a faster driver at the track, especially if you can practice on iRacing on a real home track. Mosport, for me (now Canadian Tire Motorsports Park) was my home track, which when I drove on that track in the sim for the first time, I could feel all of the real bumps and dips that I remember from my days spent, there. Or now Laguna Seca since I moved to the west coast, which I have yet to drive in real life, but have 100's of hours of sim racing experience on that track. I'm confident next year that I can put down a respectable time when I head down for an HPDE event.

From the videos out there, you can see how competitive it is, and how well it's put together. Graphics, physics, and platform is the best out there at the moment. All you really need is a PC rig, Rift, Wheel base and pedals and you're set to start off. Race seat rigs are great and all, but starts to add up $$ quickly. I was going to use my office chair and desk at first, but bit the bullet instead. No regrets, though

Vid of said realism, with a real world pro driver testing in a sim race on iRacing for the first time. Once you try it, console racing seems very "game" like

Last edited by Dylan86; 10-25-2017 at 06:53 PM..
Appreciate 1
cxp213313.00