View Single Post
      10-10-2018, 12:22 PM   #71
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by shay2nak View Post
I would recommend 7 for all mankind, but I'll say they're not what they were 5 years ago. I've been strictly wearing these since 2003 and when they started introducing the newer cuts (slimmer) is when it started going down hill. Back then they had only 2 fits, bootcut & relaxed. Now they're all pretty much slim which I hate. I just bought 6 new pairs just for work and they are not at all the same as the older stuff. The sizing is way off and the cut is horrible. The back pockets are a lot larger now to accommodate brick phones again. I bought them just for work, so I don't really care. I have separate clothes for work and personal. I was lucky to buy a bunch of the older fits a few years back. I've got like 25 pairs, so they should last me a long ass time.

The comment about quality of Old Navy, etc vs designer jeans. There's a big difference between the 2.
I can't agree more. My biggest issue is my build (I'm 5' 10" @ 180#) I am not going to be wearing skinny jeans anytime soon and it seems that all jeans are geared towards this now. Very frustrating. It's getting harder and harder to find a pair of comfortable nice looking jeans that don't have the "look at me" shit on the back pockets without being skinny jeans.

As for the quality comment, you are exactly right! I've had some Old Navy jeans that met the looks category but the fit was not where it needs to be nor the quality. The difference between Old Navy jeans and some Japanese selvage is night and day. The guy in Nashville that makes custom jeans swears that his jeans will last you the rest of your life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
TOUGHSKINS!!!

mic drop

I prefer to keep the skin on my knees. I only make this comment because I remember these shits when I was a kid. I couldn't bend my legs in them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea-Tac View Post
Hey N_J...

This might be a good look for you...

Attachment 1914724
I have these in every color. My favorite pair are mauve colored.

Last edited by King Rudi; 10-10-2018 at 12:36 PM..
Appreciate 0