View Single Post
      01-04-2020, 04:54 PM   #29
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayMoWe335 View Post
I did a continuous ping and had 0 packet loss, but the ms ping time is widely variable.

I don't know how to ping the internal IP of my router and google at the same time.

edit: I did it by opening 2 different command prompts. When I ping my internal router, it's 3-4ms a lot but sometimes pver 30. When I ping Google, it's widely variable.

Internal IP:

Packets: Sent = 66, Received = 66, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 3ms, Maximum = 38ms, Average = 5ms

Google.com
Packets: Sent = 139, Received = 139, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 23ms, Maximum = 79ms, Average = 27ms
If you could put up a similar output of what jimbobiggens did with his continuous ping output, that would be helpful. You don't even need to do a screen shot. Just save the output off to a file. I do agree that you shouldn't have latency times more than a millisecond though. You should be getting what jimbobiggens has where it says less than 1 ms.

Per what pennsiveguy said, let's try plugging directly to the Ethernet hand off from the ONT. Hopefully AT&T isn't doing a MAC address registration which cable companies typically do. If so, you may have to spoof the MAC address of your router with your laptop/PC to get connectivity.

ETA: I just did a continuous ping test over wireless and I am getting an average 4ms latency. I did a continuous ping test to google.com and have an average latency of 15ms. I'm doing this over my Comcast service at my primary home.
Appreciate 1