View Single Post
      01-14-2020, 11:36 AM   #21
EricVR4
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2023 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haywood View Post
I can agree with some of that yeah. I also agree that this entire thing has opened up a giant can of worms that Manfred and MLB did not want opened. I have a hunch that almost everyone in the league hates Mike Fiers right now. Including all of us Astros fans

To add more speculative fuel to the fire.....the Cora connection is obvious. The Red Sox winning it in 2018, make of that what you will. Buuuuuut, guess who shares their spring training facilities with the Astros every year? The Nationals. Coincidence they won it too? Something to think about I guess

At the end of the day though, I don't look at our ring any less differently. Hitting the ball in MLB is ungodly difficult, knowing what pitch is coming or not. You still have to hit it. I think the same about the PED stuff too and whether that tarnishes those rings for other teams (to me it doesn't). Yes it's all cheating just like using tech to steal signs, but at the end of the day you still have to hit the ball. All the muscle in the world doesn't mean you'll be able to hit a home run.

Either way, this whole thing has made allllll of MLB really uncomfortable. They've obviously always known this stuff has gone on, they just didn't want to bring it all to light and make them look bad.