View Single Post
      01-22-2020, 05:16 AM   #74
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty Dog View Post
Don't get me wrong, I'm still a BMW fan, but their product line and Ultimate Driving Machine mantra is long gone.
I don't see how BMW's lineup now is very much different than say 20 years ago, or even 40+ years ago.....Unlike porsche's lineup.

BMW has always been a general car manufacturer that makes cars for the normal public and makes high performance models using certain platforms of their normal lineup.
Hell, there even was a time that bmw specifically targeted cheap basic compact cars, competing with fiat and french brands in the compact car market. They even now try and enter that market again with a line of cheaper fwd cars.

If any brand is a shadow of it's own past, it's Porsche.
My guess is that that's what happens when sold out to a company like VAG, so I also fear for the Lamborghini future heritage.

I also fear for Ferrari's future. Luckily Marchionne is now out of the picture of course, but I wonder if Camilleri can rival di Montezemolo
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t

Last edited by GuidoK; 01-22-2020 at 05:31 AM..
Appreciate 0