05-19-2016, 09:59 AM   #28536
Verbiage
Dismembered Member
Jamaica
Rep
Drives: F80 ZCP 6MT, R55 Clubman S 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Tonka View Post
I have to admit that i up my speed when i past by there. They do group rides of like 30 to 50 people out of there so they are all milling around the parking lot like a bunch of bees getting ready to swarm. I just double my power out put when passing until i can't handle it.

Speaking of power out put... my power sensor battery was dead when i started my ride so i didn't have my power metric available to me when riding which is what i typically go by. So i was riding by perceived effort. I fell like i was sucking it up and that new saddle wasn't feeling too great so i cut my workout short by 8 or so miles. Felt kind of defeated, like i was riding slow the whole time. I open up Garmin connect and front page shows me achieving a new record. I bested my 40 time by nearly 2 minutes! I guess i was working harder than i thought. lol Last two times i reduced my 40k time it was only by 32 and 12 seconds respectively. Yesterday i didn't expect to lower that time at all, so besting it by 2 min was completely unexpected.

I should ride without my computer facing down every other week?! Maybe that makes me work harder.
Damn! That's a huge difference! LOL congrats man!!

Yeah, haha. The perception of hard work is usually quantified appropriately when we aren't monitoring as we go along. But that's remarkable, nonetheless!

My delivery experience and beach photoshoot here.
Appreciate 1