View Single Post
      02-16-2020, 07:52 PM   #7
MystroX5
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2020 X7 M50i/ 911

Quote:
Originally Posted by cesimeone View Post
Hi Mystro.....funny enough I was just reading your road trip post! Glad you and the fam had a nice time....I live down in Florida now but originally from the northeast so I know the "truck weather" you speak of well!

Is it normal!!!??? I would hope not! I've had X5's since X5's were born....never ever ever had any issues. Oil, filters, brakes, tires, wiper blades...that's it. I swear my G05 has gremlins.....wind whistling at highway speeds, this key issue, a damaged lower dash/knee board from manufacturing. So much for the 1 month wait after ordering it!

Almost want my F15 back!
I have not seen your exact “non-start” issue on the forum so my guess is your dealer should be able to identify the issue. Since you could clear it by a power cut off, it sounds like there should have been a code associated with it. I would “think” it should be obvious but with how technical our X5 is now it’s hard to tell. There have been some defective key identification issues reported. Those tend to give the “Key not in the vehicle” notification on the display.
Appreciate 0