Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2017 C63S T

Quote:
Originally Posted by ted99 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebmw View Post
Actually, yes. I don't know if your comment was meant as a joke, but the reality is, they will be interested in no vehicle and use ride-sharing services or they will be interested in autonomous vehicles. Those autonomous vehicles will look a lot like the living room on wheel concepts we have seen. Perhaps we are 10 years out from that? Maybe 5?
No, I was serious. And the current C-19 economic effects may accelerate this. Gen Z is going to be hammered for many years to come. Research says that low starting salaries propagate for many years afterwards. My two cars are sitting, but costing me money. it's a cost that Gen Z may be unwilling (or unable) to pay. Ride sharing when you need it is a lot cheaper than car ownership, particularly when you don't have a job to commute to or are teleworking. Were there people that treasured their horse-drawn Phaetons after the Model T proliferated? We car buffs could be an endangered species in 20 years.
Maybe, but my two teenage boys "get" the ICE and mods too and know what they want their own cars to do and how they want to improve them. It makes me proud as a dad. 😀

2017 C63S T 510PS
Appreciate 0