View Single Post
      02-26-2019, 09:00 AM   #59
spazzyfry123
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Here and There

Garage List
I got married less than three weeks ago. We had been dating for right about two years at that point. We made the decision a while back that we wanted to get married. I can honestly say out of all the gals "over the years" that not a single one clicked like she did. I felt pretty confident within just a few months of us dating that she'd be the one.

The marriage was as simple as it gets (short of going to the court and signing papers). We have a friend that has a nice house on a lake in the Blue Ridge Mountains that let us have it for a long weekend. Brought her parents, my parents, and a family friend that officiated. It was exactly what we wanted and it only cost us the booze and grub we decided to bring up there with us.

We figured that the wedding should be for us and not for the people attending. If there's money to be spent on a big wedding, let's redirect those funds to more important life moments rather than on a single night of partying. We do well for ourselves financially and both families are affluent, but I certainly think people can break the mentality that you have to wait to get married because you can't afford the wedding. Ours was a few hundred bucks all in.
Appreciate 6
shimmy232350.00
minn1914037.50
cmyx6go15762.50
King Rudi13154.00