Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 iX xDrive50, DGM

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckybadger View Post
Hi Everyone,

I need some feedback on the third row option. Does it work well and can regular 5'4-5'8 adults sit in the back seat? Can the second row move forward to make legroom for the third row passengers?

For another $1,200 or so, it seems like a steal but at the same time it does add the air suspension as well.

I already have an M2C for hardcore/fun driving, so I might just give up the M-adaptive on the X5 and go for the air suspension + third row option. Reading the forums online, there are so many mixed reviews comparing air vs. M-adaptive. Does anyone here regret the air suspension?

Currently, I am torn deciding if the third row is useable for small adults. I am not able to find any X5 at the dealer which I can go and see myself.
Had the third row on my F15 and it was marginal for average and large adults. Different car, but there just isn't room in an X5-sized car for a comfy third row for grownups. Short trips, small/average adults could squeeze in, but would be very uncomfortable for longer trips (an hour or two max). Also had a third row in my larger Q7, and even then the third row was really just suitable for children. The second row seats could be adjusted on both, and needed to be. The advantage of a third row was that you could shoehorn in 7 adult passengers without putting them in the cargo area as luggage - trip to the mall maybe - but if you legitimately need a third row would certainly look at the X7. Another advantage in the current X5 is that with a third row you get an adjustable second row, but I honestly haven't missed it. You just can't squeeze ten pounds of potatoes into a five pound sack.
Appreciate 3
Tenac4539.50
mcsa65.00