Bilajio
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 G05

Quote:
Originally Posted by karateboi87 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckybadger View Post
Thanks, so maybe I should save or put the extra $1,200 on a different option.

I also can't decide between air vs. M sport suspension, I keep going back and forth.

I think the M sport suspension with flat tires will be the best compromise of comfort, handling and a sporty ride. The run-flats are terrible!
I don't have the car but am in the market for a three row option. I have similar usage as you but my trips for the 3rd row folks are going to be limited to 15 minutes mostly and occasional 60 minute rides. It's mostly for the parents/in-laws when they visit, and they are all Asian so it should work

To me, the additional ability to adjust 2nd row forward/backward and recline angle, plus extra 2 seats for occasional use makes the X5 more attractive. Also in Chicago we have some really bad roads that IAS will make sense, and we are a 1 car family so I want to maximize the utility of the car.

Until you go full size like X7, you are never going to have big adults fit into 3rd row anyway. If you truly regularly use 3 rows, you should consider mini van (Yes people, get over it)
Quote:
Hi Everyone,

I need some feedback on the third row option. Does it work well and can regular 5'4-5'8 adults sit in the back seat? Can the second row move forward to make legroom for the third row passengers?

For another $1,200 or so, it seems like a steal but at the same time it does add the air suspension as well.

I already have an M2C for hardcore/fun driving, so I might just give up the M-adaptive on the X5 and go for the air suspension + third row option. Reading the forums online, there are so many mixed reviews comparing air vs. M-adaptive. Does anyone here regret the air suspension?

Currently, I am torn deciding if the third row is useable for small adults. I am not able to find any X5 at the dealer which I can go and see myself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by karateboi87 View Post
Quote:
Thanks, so maybe I should save or put the extra $1,200 on a different option.

I also can't decide between air vs. M sport suspension, I keep going back and forth.

I think the M sport suspension with flat tires will be the best compromise of comfort, handling and a sporty ride. The run-flats are terrible!
I don't have the car but am in the market for a three row option. I have similar usage as you but my trips for the 3rd row folks are going to be limited to 15 minutes mostly and occasional 60 minute rides. It's mostly for the parents/in-laws when they visit, and they are all Asian so it should work

To me, the additional ability to adjust 2nd row forward/backward and recline angle, plus extra 2 seats for occasional use makes the X5 more attractive. Also in Chicago we have some really bad roads that IAS will make sense, and we are a 1 car family so I want to maximize the utility of the car.

Until you go full size like X7, you are never going to have big adults fit into 3rd row anyway. If you truly regularly use 3 rows, you should consider mini van (Yes people, get over it)
If this is the bulk of your 3rd row needs the x5 is perfect, I got mine for the exact same purpose.

Additional benefit of electric middle row