05-16-2023, 01:05 PM   #11
eelnoraa
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G05 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty in NY View Post
Works like that with my 40i, if it doesn't for your 45e, do an iDrive reset, then check that box, exit that particular screen, go back to it and uncheck it and see what that does. Maybe there's a stuck bit that needs reset. If you indeed have menu item #5 and it's not grayed out, I would think it is supposed to work. If that doesn't work, stand on your head and stack BB's while cursing the car with the engine on, door closed and drivers window open. One of those things might do the trick Dang software
I can confirm this as well. Work ok 40i, but not on 45e. It is not about iDrive reset, it is the way it is for 45e for a reason I cannot think of.

In order to keep 45e running, ICE needs to be on at park. This can happen under two circumstances, which I observed with consistency.

1)the method of put car in hybrid, foot on brake, tap gas. This will turn on ICE at park, regardless of HVB SoC.

2)HVB and 12V are drained to a point ICE need to come up and charge HVB which is used to charge 12V.

Under these two cases, car is on, ICE is running, I can open door without driver seat belt buckled, and car/ICE will keep running.