No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by amu3ed View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by X5 45e View Post
The default is 6A at delivery.

I have mine set to 10A for charging at home with the normal BMW charger. I don't have a wall charger.

However when I plug in to a public charger it automatically switches to 16A. When getting home a plugging in with my normal charger it is back to 10A. Sounds like this is what you experience?
I never tried plugging it with the normal BMW charger so I don't know if it will kick down to the preset. I wonder when my settings got changed to 12A because I never changed the settings on the vehicle. I just left it the way it was since picking it up from the dealer (3 days ago).
If I understand correctly, you plug in the wall charger and it shows that it is charging at 16A and when you don't plug in the dashboard shows it is limited to 12A?

I am not sure about this but maybe the max amp is only when using the basic charger and not if it is plugged in to a wall charger?

From my experience anyway the car can communicated with the charger and automatically set it to 16A if the charger allows.

Edit. Just reviewed the manual. The max. charging current setting is only for mode 2 charging (= basic charger).
Appreciate 1
amus3d429.00