View Single Post
      03-09-2020, 02:59 AM   #6
Moisture
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 Mazda 6, 2020 Lexus NX300

My only experience is with a C5 corvette. The LS lineup of engines is good - better than I thought they would be before I actually tried driving one.

The interior and seating position was awful. I'm 6ft3 and my knees were pressed into the bottom of the steering wheel. I would never own on in my life.

The gearing is just ... weird. Very tall first gear. It sort of works with the torque of the car, but strange.

The handling is pretty garbage by BMW standards, but it does a decent job based on the LS's torque output. Compare the handling to something like a Mustang GT from 2011 and the Corvette actually seems like a decent handling car.

But it's not. If the Mustang was like driving on ice, the corvette is like driving on lightly salted ice. It was exciting to make the rear end scramble for traction when coaxing that LS2 to start producing torque though.

Interior fit/finish and overall quality wasn't as bad as expected, overall, but it's still every bit a GM product which basically speaks for itself. I would imagine the C7 to be a fine choice, maybe, but they're just not my thing.

Bonus - the intake sound of the LS is pretty gnarly.
Appreciate 0