04-08-2016, 03:52 PM   #527
RedlinePSI
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something else

Quote:
Originally Posted by John 070 View Post
There's a negative stereotype about driving habits.

One time last summer, I was behind a Corolla, and it moved into the intersection to make a left turn. When the light turned yellow, then red, the person just stayed where they were, even after being honked at by me, and the traffic coming from the Corolla's left. The vehicle was completely blocking the right lane of the southbound traffic, and the person would not budge, until the light turned green again.

The driver was Asian. Is there any reason for it? I had an Asian friend once tell me that he believes it's because they did not learn to drive until a later age, whereas many Americans learned at age 16-17. Is this true?
If da Asian driver can't see you in a mirror, you don't exist!

No seriously, that's how they learn to drive, at least in Korea. They are not taught to turn and look. They use the mirrors and that's it. Now i'm no pro driver or anythinggg, but i'm pretty damn good, and i'm also pretty sure these kinds of habits wont help the "stereotype".

I taught my K-Wife (soon to be ex but that's another thread) to drive here in Murica, so I did my part motherfuckers.
Appreciate 0