VTENGR
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addbuyer View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninefourteener View Post
Either one of those would be great choices. Both would fit nicely. I prefer the first..... but, personal preference. Keep in mind, you "may" need to do a little "tapping" with a rubber mallet. I would be weary of tapping on that CF with anything.

That carbon set... also says "3.5" in the title.... but 3-inches in the description. I don't trust the Chinese, so be sure of what you are buying. 3.5 OD exit is too large.

Also...Don't forget though.... you need a 35-38mm set of hard polyurothane exhaust hangers.

If you install those tips with the exhaust hanging low and wobbly like it does from the factory, they are going to wobble, rattle, and possibly break off.
Great advice, instructions and pictures for the installation mate. I am certain it will help many. In my opinion its a mod that improves the look emencly. I am interested in what Supersprint or others will bring to marked by the end of the year, but in the mean time, should I or shouldn't I

For anyone who hasn't got access to a welder or is nervous about using one then there's always liquid metal which gives great results and would allow plenty time to adjust the tips before they sets.
I'm seeing a lot of 2.5" inlet options here in the states. Is it possible to buy a shim/adapter to make up the 1/8" difference? Or do you just keep tightening the clamps until it holds?

Also, does anyone have experience with AliExpress and shipping to US? Nervous dropping $200 bucks on them since I've never used them.
Appreciate 0