10-08-2020, 06:44 AM   #39
5.M0NSTER
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moflow View Post
I'm stuck between making a jerkoff motion and logically realizing that this will likely the best real-world mustang ever built up until now. I almost feel like the Vodoo was a mistake for Ford, just because it kinda didn't work that well when it came to not going pop, but had such amazing numbers that it's pretty hard to follow up.

I'm angry they're basically giving the GT350 a 40 hp nerf. At the same time, i'd absolutely give up 40 hp if my car still made close to 500 and gained a shitton of reliability. At the end of the day, if you were to tell me to build a Mustang from the parts bin that I would absolutely have to pay for if it broke, this is basically what i'd make. I'm glad it's getting the nicer transmission.
Well said. All of it.

And looking at aftermarket and even Ford Performance support, you can get Ford developed CAI and tune and gain 25hp on the S550 today. I'm sure this will also extend to the Mach 1, meaning you can in fact get a 500hp motor while maintaining the factory warranty.

I'm curious to see some comparos versus the 1LE as well as Lightning Lap results and feedback.
2018 Camaro SS 1LE. Because race car!

"Redline a day keeps the mechanics away"
Appreciate 1
Moflow2484.50