10-12-2020, 07:22 PM   #11
Auricom
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 xDrive40i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
Oooo that's nice, Imma get one for emergencies.

About a year ago I was loading a 3 gallon jug of water into the trunk of my M4 at the grocery store and it suddenly broke

Luckily I had some towels which I quickly put around the edges of the trunk flooring insert making a pool of about 1/4" of inch of water and then I furiously scooped with my hands until it was low enough to use papertowels, a jacket, work papers, grocery bags and anything else I could find to soak up the water.

Right under the M4's trunk floor insert are shitloads of electronics - it coulda been a disaster (though my understanding is the X5 trunk can take water spills, at least the 45e can)
Yikes! I should remind myself to keep store a towel in the trunk incase of big spills, LOL.

The worse I've done is knock over a coffee mug or half a big gulp of soda in the front. Luckily the floor liners contain the majority of the spills. Since that I try to void hauling gallons of liquids LOL.

Ja, the DeWalt is a bit bulky but lightweight - does a great job vacuuming up stuff - there are cheaper alternatives. But as I mentioned earlier - I got the air pump + 2x 20v batteries kit and bag for $180 and they threw in the vac for pretty much free.

Appreciate 0