VTENGR
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin1 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTENGR View Post
Oh you do FAT32 and not exFAT? My computer won't format the drives to FAT32 since they're larger than 32gb (or maybe a windows 10 thing). I only have the exFAT and NTFS as options. I'll try again with the USB. It's hard to find 5 unique brands. Maybe I doubled up without reakizing it since some of the USB were trsdeshow giveaways.
Yeah - iDrive READS exFAT, but the instructions said FAT32 (or NTFS, which should work), and I ran into the same problem with manufacturers - hard to find 5 (or 6) different. I think the most important thing is using DIFFERENT drives, because it otherwise "thinks" you are using the same drive and doesn't flush the cache.
Just went to BestBuy and bought another micro drive PNY brand (never heard of them, but it was the only micro USB that wasn't SanDisk branded). So far it seems to be working as you would expect but I haven't been out of the car for more than 15 or so minutes so I don't know if the car has gone into "deep" sleep. Heading out in an hour so that will be the true test.
Appreciate 0