Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: i4M50

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BudVlad View Post
Peugeot fastest in the morning warmup.
Franck Montagny set the fastest lap of the session in the pole position-winning #8 Peugeot 908 HDi FAP (3:26.457), just three tenths of a second quicker than Alexander Wurz in the #9 sister car. Pedro Lamy in another Peugeot was third. Forth fastest Alexandre Premat was the quickest Audi driver in R15 TDI (3:28.6040).

Peugeot are the fastest PERIOD. But traditionally they haven't been as reliable as Audi are and that is what this race is all about. The thing is that Audi have stood up to challenges from all sides over the last few years are always seem to come out on top, though this year I find they will have their hardest battle to date.

Should be a good race.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Hood
The R15 is a (turbo)diesel so not a racing/sportscar in MY book. Pug/Audi made 'the rules'.Period.
Don't quite understand how you feel that way. There is no ruling against diesel and I don't see how the choice of fuel should define what makes a true racing/sportscar and what doesn't.

If F1 is at a turning point and the main teams don't compete next year then this could see an increased interested for them into other forms of motorsport with the likes of BMW, Ferrari and Mercedes returning to factory run Le Mans teams.
Appreciate 0