Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 xDrive40i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbarrett635 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auricom View Post
In the states, it drops it back down to low beams. We don't have the "tunneling" beams due to past DOT regulations.

There is recently amendment to certify adaptive beam headlight systems:

"This document proposes amendments to Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard ("FMVSS") No. 108; Lamps, reflective devices, and associated equipment, to permit the certification of adaptive driving beam head lighting systems, if the manufacturer chooses to equip vehicles with these systems."

https://www.federalregister.gov/docu...ated-equipment

If the amendment passes, we could potential recode - but don't quote me on that.
You can recode now (well, soon, anyway). You don't need to wait for an amendment to pass, which could take years. I recoded my X15 to include this feature, and it's great. The coders are still working out the details of many of the features for the G05, but as soon as they do, I'm having it done.
Sorry meant recode at dealers versus coders. Aware that coders are working out the features for the G05. I've had my F15 adaptive LED recoded too and other features - only issues where having to recode post dealer maintenance. Planning to do the same with my G05.

Appreciate 0