04-02-2019, 04:29 PM   #3851
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Now_Rudi View Post
Exactly. What I've learned is that being comfortable being alone gives you a certain "power" if you will. People notice it. I also feel like it gets you better women to choose from as they see you are choose-y and won't just settle for any warm body.

We see things the same. I won't lie, when you get to that point as I did.....it probably isn't as fair to to the other person.

No matter how hard you put yourself out there, you will always hold back a little in reserve.

This may sound like a bad thing to say, but I'm at a point in my life where I could walk away and not really be that affected by it.

So it comes back around to what you originally said, it's like the relationship is one sided in your favor.

And for some odd reason, this is what keeps them pursuing you. I guess it's akin to the good girls like bad boys adage.

I'm not a bad guy persona by any measure, but I guess the way I come across gives off a vibe that I could take it or leave it even though I consider myself thoughtful and considerate.

And I may be way off base.....but in my experience women want to feel like they are the ones being pursued....but when it comes down to it....they prefer the thrill of the chase more when they are are the ones doing the chasing!

But then again, just my perspective. I was always kind of neutral until my divorce. Then I changed. When I started dating again, I went wild.

I guess I sowed my oats a second time, but then I was older and had no inhibitions. My male neighbors used to tell me that my place was nicknamed Motel 6 for the longest time.

I just politely asked them to not let things like that slip out now when my wife is around.
King Rudi13154.00