View Single Post
      02-21-2020, 06:37 AM   #33
MystroX5
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2020 X7 M50i/ 911

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewM3driver View Post
A quick Grand Floridian Story. We were staying there a few years back. Owen and Joey were 13, Olivia was 11. The boys and I took those little motor boats out on the Lagune and Bay lake for an hour and they loved them. We went back to do it again a couple days later and that is where the story starts.

My boat was not running properly, so I had to turn back. I told the boys not to leave the Lagune and I would be right back. Well they drove into each other. Didn't get hurt, but Owens boat was sinking. As I'm heading back out the police boat is out on the lake rescuing the boys.

The resort was very cool about the crash and just concerned the boys were not hurt. The staff was just insistent the boys did not put so much as one foot in the water.

Both boys got teased (good hearted) by the staff at club level for the rest of our stay, and a nice gift basket arrived at our room that evening for the kids.

We asked about the stay out of the water thing the next morning. In a word.... Gators.
Disney on average removes 26 gators a year from the lagoon and lots more from other properties. I looked into this and basically Disney has a gator farm they constantly have to manage. It’s central Florida so it’s to be expected. You get sharks at Cocoa beach and you get gators inland. Just about every year we get to see a Cape Canaveral launch. The timing always seems to work out that way in Feb. This year was a night launch of the UAL Atlas V rocket.

Last edited by MystroX5; 02-21-2020 at 07:04 AM..
Appreciate 0