02-21-2020, 07:08 AM   #17
RVAGuy
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘20 X5/M50i (ordered); &

Garage List
2014 BMW / 650  [0.00]
Interesting thread matching up assumptions we have of individuals with reality. Retired five years now finding biggest challenge is filling time with things I want to do. Play golf twice/week in season (temp has to be above 50); became master gardener (an exaggerated title); developed auto detailing interest/curiosity (its how I relax); mentoring two sons (both happen to have same profession as mine); attending grandchildren events (a joy); volunteering (community board, mentoring); chauffeuring wife to wherever she wants to go (my best friend); exercising at the Y (hate it).
In all honesty, I miss the excitement of a professional career. Thought about consulting but hesitant to make long term commitment. Big challenge is adapting to physical limitations (the "cat like reflexes" are gone) and while I would love to play more golf or work in the garden and detailing cars, the back refuses to accept. Have to work a little harder finding things to get excited about: a big motivation behind opting for the M50i. This forum has made it all that much more interesting and educational for which I am grateful.
Appreciate 2
scotchy210.00