Rep
Drives: ‘20 X5/M50i (ordered); &

Garage List
2014 BMW / 650  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty in Bgm View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MystroX5 View Post
Lumberton NC is the 1/2 way spot for snow birds from NY/NJ/PA to Orlando. The parking lot always confirms this. Going down this year we tried to break it up for two days going down for scheduling and weather reasons so we stopped at Lumberton NC and then Brunswick GA before going to Orlando. Both places had indoor pools so the kids were happy and made 2 very easy days of traveling. It also gave us time to stop at places along the way like South of the Border, etc...
Normally it's PA-Lumberton NC- Orlando. Check the Hilton app. There are usually a few very nice Hampton Inn Suites along the way. Great breakfasts included.

Next year we are going to stop at Jekyll Island for 2 days along the way down to Florida. Hilton Head is also another of our favorite stops. For us it's 1100 miles one way. We did it in one day last year coming back to beat a ice storm.
We drive 1,200 miles to my wife's sister in Florida. The drive between NY and SC is boring, this year I only stopped once on the way down as we were in a hurry to get to Naples before NY Eve. Now that we are on the way back and need to burn some time I have been looking for places to stay between Savannah and Norfolk and there's nothing.
I did look at Lumberton after reading your post and there seems to be a highly rated Italian restaurant there, we normally stop where we see a nice "food" place and then just try to find a hotel so will give it some thought ;-)
Have you considered Williamsburg? Also, lots of micro breweries in VA.
Appreciate 0