View Single Post
      02-22-2020, 04:11 PM   #72
travisgsf
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 22 M3 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yogujuhere View Post
Travis I just got these done these yesterday and I'm experiencing the same click.
It doesn't sound normal and is honestly annoying me.
A passenger looked at me and said - "that doesn't sound right"
I believe it is the pad's shifting while driving from reverse to forward and vice versa.
Contemplating going back to stock. This is a very annoying issue.
I can confirm, braking is not as good as stock, but its pretty close.
I can confirm, initial brake pedal feel is not as sharp. Less bite on initial braking, hence have to push harder on the brake pedal.

I just got this done yesterday, and for some reason it seems like the pads are shifting and creating a click noise when changing from Reverse to Drive and vice versa while braking.

Anybody have an issue like that?

Shop is saying that it maybe due to the fact they are aftermarket and possibly not designed perfectly for this model.

After looking into this further, it seems theres an acutal 2019 X5 M Sport Brake pad that is designed by power stop. Also I didn't even realize the Z16 is the budget option out of all of the pads.
This is turning into a mess. Powerstop is closed today, I'll call them on monday to find out what kind of recourse I will have.

EDIT

Went back to the shop and they showed me why it's clicking. The picture where the little yellow color is shows a gap on the top hook where the pads attach to the caliper. The tolerance is not perfect and that's why it's shifting.

Any fix to that? It seems as though my clicking sound goes away at times now and doesn’t happen as much. Did you find a different pad like you said? Maybe more specific for our model and less budget friendly? I’ll pay for the. Enter ones especially if they fit perfect.
Appreciate 0