Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Mineral White M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by travisgsf View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by polychromatic View Post
Also, how many miles did you get on the OEM’s?
I only have 1500 miles on the vehicle. I am changing mainly to eliminate the brake dust.

Initial impressions after a week of use on the power stop ceramic pads. Install by a local tech was easy. I do feel they have less grab than the stock pads. I do feel less stopping power. Nothing that is unsafe, it's just that the stock pads bit much harder.

Absolutely no squeaking or noise and man do the run clean, very clean. Pretty much no dust left behind.

One main issue and maybe the OP can chime in since he did this much earlier than me. When I'm at a stop and I change direction, for example pulled forward in my driveway and now will reverse to leave, I have a knock from the front pads.

I've done some research on this and it seems like this is no harm, it's simply the pad isn't the exact same size as the stock ones and they shift slightly. It seems that people who track their car and have track pads experience this. It's not really a problem except that I hate the sound and it sounds not normal. I'm just particular on this. Any others have issue and a potential solution for this? TIA
The Powerstop pads are the exact same size as the OEMs. If the new plad isn't sitting in there tightly, they may not be installed correctly or a shim is missing. After replacing the pads, the caliper has to relearn the new thickness of the new pad. I took mine to the dealership to have this done. I know another guy posted where you just pull the emergency brake before touching the brake pedal to reset the calipers, but I can't verify if this works. Also give the pads a few hundred miles to break in. Ours stops confidently with no noise or clicking.